History of Myoton
The following historic milestones are considered pivotal to Myoton's success:
- 1999: Myoton spun-out of University of Tartu, Estonia
- 1999: EU patent granted
- 2000: US patent granted
- 2002: Seed funding from angel investors for prototyping and R&D activities
- 2005: Myoton-3 certified as a medical device according to MDD 93/42/CEE
- 2008: Angel funding for the development of MyotonPRO device
- 2009: MyotonPRO product development starts with €1M EUREKA Eurostars grant
- 2010: Initial series of MyotonPRO prototypes produced
- 2011: New patents filed internationally
- 2011: Myoton starts joint validation studies with European Space Agency to prepare MyotonPRO for use in space medicine at the International Space Station.
- 2011: MyotonPRO starts joint validation studies at the University of Southampton,Royal Veterinary College of University of London, Schulthess Clinic, Zurich and German Sport University Cologne.